Thursday, November 15, 2007

Back in the swing

Grants are done, things are manageable so I'm firing this thing up again. I notice there are lots of new neuro-themed blogs out there so I'll have to update my sidebar over the next couple of weeks.

As for the blog, my initial experiment gave a negative result: a blog isn't a good place to simply provide dry and detailed summaries of a technical work such as Hille's. My plan with that is to finish the summaries through Chapter 3 (which means, finish the Boltzmann Distribution stuff), and then compile it into a kind of 'User's Guide to Hille.'

This will become a more traditional science blog, with random musings and discussion of what is going on in the world of neuroscience. My first post will be about Sebastiun Seung's much discussed talk at SFN this year.

No comments: